Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC)
Communication and Reporting Officer (ENG/AR)
Ref #: WCLAC/2015/02
The Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC) is looking for a full-time communication and reporting officer based in Ramallah. The role of the communication and reporting officer is to assist in the Centre’s English outreach and communication work and ensure timely reporting of ongoing programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify and document lessons learnt; collect information for case studies from the field; write and prepare success stories, facilitate periodic reviews, prepare presentation for the achievements of the projects.
2. Prepare semi-annual and annual progress reports maintaining a reporting schedule, meeting the requirements of the various donors and ensuring adherence to the reporting deadlines.
3. Assist the external relations department in fundraising activities, proposal-writing, documentation sharing and communication with partners and donors.
4. Develop communication and outreach materials to be used to publicize the work of the Centre, create recognition and, secondarily, through these processes raise awareness about women’s issues and women’s rights and human rights, including website updates and related social media tools.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum bachelor degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, or related field.
• MA in Gender Studies or Women’s studies and advantage
• Excellent English and Arabic command, native speaker standard;
• Relevant professional experience in research and report writing
Skills and Competencies:
• Report writing in both languages (ENG-AR)
• Experience in Qualitative and Quantitative Research
• Strong written and oral communication skills, knowledge of fundamental public relations and media strategies and methods.
• Strong interest and knowledge of feminists visions and gender-related issues
• Organizational and management ability during a project cycle
• Interpersonal ability to work as a team
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism
• Computer (MS-Office including MS-Project)
How to apply:
All interested candidates are invited to send a detailed and up-to-date CV in English with a cover letter including the applicant"s expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy. Please submit your applications to Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC) at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , indicate the job title and reference on the email subject, by closing date Tuesday: 09/06/2015
Due to the high volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
WCLAC encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.