Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC)
Ref #: wclac/2013/04
The Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC), an independent Palestinian organization established in 1991, aims to contribute to the establishment of a democratic Palestinian society, based on social justice and equality between women and men. To achieve this aim, the Centre has developed and is further developing, through its activities, a new Palestinian feminist discourse.
WCLAC is looking for a full-time Programme Director based in Ramallah. The role of the program director is to follow up the daily work of the programmatic issues to ensure highest quality of all daily programmatic aspect of the Centre
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assume primary responsibility for the day-to-day programme and project operations of the Centre to ensure meeting programmatic goals and objective and in congruence with mission, vision aims and strategic plan.
• Directly oversee all technical work of all units.
• Promote strong positive external relations
• Ensure and promote the vision of the Centre as a feminist, women’s human rights organization, and consistently model its core values, its Code of Ethics, and general principles of feminist leadership
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum Master’s Degree in social sciences, or related fields.
• At least 5 years experience in the field of programme management.
• Knowledge and experiences in women’s studies and human rights.
• Excellent English and Arabic language, native speaker standard;
Skills and Competencies:
• Report writing in both languages Arabic and English
• Experience in Qualitative and Quantitative Research
• Strong written and oral communication skills, knowledge of fundamental public relations and media strategies and methods.
• Strong interest and knowledge of feminist vision and gender-related issues
• Organizational management skills and programme cycle management
• Interpersonal ability to work as a team
• Respect WCLAC vision and mission.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism
• Computer (MS-Office including MS-Project)
• Familiar with the work of NGOs and civil society organizations.
How to apply:
Applicants are required to complete WCLAC Job application by visiting our website: www.wclac.org and send a detailed and up-to-date CV in English with a cover letter including the applicant"s expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy at our email : email@example.com . Indicate the job title and reference number (wclac/2013/04) on the email subject.
Please note that only applications received through this site and link will be considered. Deadline for submitting applications is Monday 21 OCTOBER 2013. No applications will be considered beyond this date.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
This position is only available for female candidates