اعلان وظيفة مسؤول الاعلام والتواصل
19 يوليو 2021
Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC)
Media and Communication Senior Officer.
Ref #: WCLAC/2021/02
The Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC), an independent Palestinian organization established in 1991, aims to contribute to the establishment of a democratic Palestinian society, based on social justice and equality between women and men. To achieve this aim, the Centre has developed and is further developing, through its activities, a new Palestinian feminist discourse.
WCLAC is looking for a full-time Media and Communication Senior Officer Unit based in Ramallah. The Media and Communication Senior Officer is responsible for providing communications support through the design and implementation of WCLAC overall communications strategy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and implementing an overall communications strategy, visibility guideline and action plan to promote WCLAC’s work to domestic and international audiences.
- Build communications partnerships and media alliances.
- Draft, edit and/or provide quality assurance of external outreach and communications materials,
- Including speeches, success stories, press releases, website write-ups, PowerPoint Presentations, proposals, Support staff in producing Video materials. Assist in developing a national and international social media strategy and coordinate with the Director of Programs and the Team Leaders for its implementation
- Oversee and manage WCLAC social media accounts and website
- Develop and upload WCLAC monthly bulletins
- Assist in designing, managing and disseminating WCLAC publications (brochures, fact sheets, stories, etc.) in cooperation with the Team Leaders
- Ensure WCLAC visibility of all publications, media/ advocacy campaigns, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Conduct research on behalf of the WCLAC, compiling background materials, statistical data and briefing notes for meetings, high-level visits and meetings, media briefings among others
- Assist in strengthening and maintaining national and international media relations in order to increase the impact of WCLAC work, including handling enquiries from international media.
- Design and launch digital advocacy campaigns to influence policy and decision making process, direct follow up with media and advertisement agencies, in cooperation with the Team Leaders.
- Effective communications support and story-telling for WCLAC programs and projects
- Capture stories and quality photos of WCLAC activities such as training sessions, conferences, workshops, meetings and so on.
- Support in developing short videos and documentaries on WCLAC's work and achievements
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, business management, marketing, advertising, international relations, development, or a related field.
- Publication-standard English drafting and editing skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies and campaign both digital and conventional
- Minimal 6 years of working experience in the field of communications, journalism, public-relations, marketing or related fields
- Experience with website management
- Experience with developing and managing social media.
- Ability to think out of box and translate innovative thinking into practice
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, diplomacy and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Very good English and Arabic language skills
- Demonstrates commitment to WCLAC mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Good coordination and organizational skills: Ability to manage multiple tasks, address fluctuating priorities and tight deadline.
- Demonstrates women’s rights and feminist approach in her/his media production
- Computer (MS-Office including MS-Project).
How to apply:
All interested candidates are invited to send a detailed and up-to-date CV in English with a cover letter including the applicant's expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy. Please submit your applications to Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC) at:
Email: email@example.com , indicate the job title and reference on the email subject, by closing date: 31/07/2021
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Short listed candidates will be expected to sit for a written exam and an interview.
WCLAC encourages women candidates with the relevant competencies to apply for the post.